Saturday, June 1, 2013

More Hochstrasser Happenings





 
It's time for a Hochstrasser Happenings update. I know I posted pictures of Danny's science project last time, but I though it would be good to throw in this little gem too. He did such a nice job on his presentation!
 

Recently we hosted our first scone night in, well, a Loooooooong time. The weather is nice, the flu season is past (and the house was actually clean!) so we invited over the ward and got fryin'!
 

We really had a good turn out, over 50 people! If you have never been to scone night before you need to come! Here is a shot from our view during the evening. It is so fun to get our neighbors and friends together.
 

I have started baking again! (We are coming out of the I was pregnant for 9 months and then had a baby, and haven't slept in weeks, haze). Yippee! It is good to feel good enough to get creative in the kitchen again. These Strawberry Chocolate Delights were a baby shower treat.
 

Look who's FIVE months old! (Well, now he's almost 6 months old... but at the time of the picture he was 5 months old). We just love this HAPPY, smiley guy!
 

We love this guy too! He's all ready for church, ALMOST.
 

I had to throw this one in. Not my best photo, but I love the expression. I think I was hyperventilating at the time. For Mother's Day Ryan got me a Silouhette Cameo. !!!!! I can't even begin to tell you all the amazing things it can do (or I will hyperventilate all over again). It is MY FAVORITE TOY, EVER! Google it.
 

 Wishing we had a picture of Ryan to put here. We attended a pirate themed Murder Mystery this month. I was the governor's daughter. Ryan was a humble sailor (but actually a PIRATE and a MURDERER!) It was an eventful night.


One of my cupcake concoctions for the evening. Coconut Lime in a Jolly Roger wrapper (designed and cut the wrapper with my Silhouette Cameo!!! )


I also whipped up these babies. I know, AWESOME, right? Yay, Peanut Butter Pleasers in Pirate Ships! I had waaaay too much fun. I think I bruised my brain.
 

 Andy-roo is growing so fast. He is all over the room. We set him down and he rolls and rolls, and then he rolls some more! We have never had a baby before that actually prefers being on his tummy. He even sleeps on his tummy, there is no stopping him.
 

Jared used to play with my hair when he was a toddler. The boys don't know the difference between hair spray and body spray, or perfume for that matter. Let's just say my hair smelled really "good" in this picture. This is Jared's first successful attempts at braids. I was impressed (but not enough to leave it in for my trip into town!)
 

We had a quiet Memorial Day with a bike ride to the park for a picnic. This is our NEW PARK and we are Waaaaaay excited! It will be a lot of fun.
 

Danny decided he would like to have his hair short for summer. Memorial Day seemed like a great day to go for it. He is all smiles and really likes it. Lookin' good Dan Man!
 
How can my Danny boy be so grown up!?!
 


Andrew had a Memorial Day first. We gave him his first solid food! Oatmeal Cereal. Yay! So happy, so messy!
 So allergic. I think. This will be another great adventure.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I miss you! What fun pictures. Love Danny's hair: both the before-church shot and the after-hair-cut shots. Also, Andrew is unbelievably adorable. Also, I now want peanut-butter-pleaser-pirate-cupcakes. Also, I love that Jared braids. I'm not sure if *Bryan* even knows how to braid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and comments. You should see if the Zangs or anyone else from the pirate party has pictures.

    ReplyDelete