Saturday, June 8, 2013

Make My Own Ice Cream?

Make my own ice cream? Yes, yes I will!
We are now one week into summer and still alive! It has actually been really nice, mostly. Today I couldn't see one of my children (who will remain nameless) without him asking me for something though. "Can we go to the Fun Park? Can we go to the Jump Zone?"...  So, Daddy to the rescue! Out came the Slip 'n Slide and Skim Boards. Hurray! This kept them happy and entertained for quite sometime. What did I do while they played? I made ice cream!! I have been wanting an ice cream maker, but today I found out you can make ice cream without one!

Danny is holding the hose here for Jared. Jared got a turn to hold the hose too... and he sprayed me with it! What a guy!

 This is such an easy recipe! All it requires is 2 main ingredients and any add ins you want. The recipe is called Two Ingredient Ice Cream and you really don't need a machine!

 Just whip up your heavy cream. Took me about 5 minutes to get stiff peaks (after chilling the bowl and beaters for a few minutes while I took care of baby). Then in a separate bowl stir your add-ins into sweetened condensed milk.  Added a splash of Mexican blend vanilla too.
My all time favorite ice cream is Cookie's and Cream. I love it when I learn things like this about me. It's nice to have a favorite. I think it is my favorite because when I was 6 or 7 my parents took us to a children's museum. Afterwards they took us to a park and got us a treat. I got a Cookies and Cream Shake. It blew my mind! I had never had such a thing!! Really, it was a profound day for me. I loved the chunks of cookies in it, A-MA-Zing. Since then, when ever I get Cookies and Cream anything I worry about what kind of condition the cookies will be in. Will they just be crumbs or will they be large chunks of Oreo goodness?!??  Today I was in charge. Bring on the cookie chunks!

I popped it into the freezer several hours. It was just in time for an after dinner dessert!
 I couldn't believe how good it was! Jared said: "It doesn't taste like real ice cream. It tastes better!" He had me scared there for a minute. It was good. Very rich though. It doesn't take to much to do the trick.
Now my brain is churning with all the awesome combinations that are waiting to be tried! I'm thinking of something patriotic for July 4th, but what....
I can't wait to try out this recipe for Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream.
This would also be great with Homemade Magic Shell. It is an easy recipe (and uses up some more of your coconut oil!) I whipped this up with some of our left over s'more chocolate and loved it. I haven't tried it on ice cream yet, but it was GREAT to dip frozen bananas in! My 4 year old got about 3 bites in before he realized he was eating a banana!

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment