Saturday, June 1, 2013

Joshy's Big Week!


Look at this kid! Doesn't he look like he needs a post all about him!?
 

This week our Joshua turned FOUR! Wow! I think he's happy about that.
 

He got to take treats to preschool. At home we had pizza, cake and ice cream, and of course presents.
He was so happy to finally have his birthday. He jumped and skipped around the house all day and was very chatty. It was a good, happy day for him. (The next morning he crawled into my bed and asked me how old he was. He wanted to make sure this 4 thing stuck!)
 

If that wasn't enough, the next day was his preschool field trip to Willow Park Zoo AND Mc Donald's! I know. Fun week! Joshy really liked the little turles. There were some pretty neat peacocks, but he told me that sometimes peacock's bite?! Who knew?
 

That night was his dress rehearsal AND graduation. He got the "Little Engine That Could" Award. I actually teared up when the teacher explained how hard Josh had worked this year. It was hard for both me and Josh (and teacher too I'm sure!) Josh learned that he could do things by himself! He can put on his shoes. He can put on his jacket. He can try new foods (well, some... that's a whole different story. But, we are making progress there too! The kid eats yogurt!) I didn't realize until that moment just how proud I was of him. He has done well this year! So very well!


He sang his songs so well and did the actions and even his little roll as the Blue Engine. It was so fun to watch.
 

Afterwards.
It was all worth it!
 

So, we made it to the weekend and I'm still smiling! (it's hard not too when you are blowing up balloons!)
 

Josh had his first "friend party". We decided to go into the great outdoors (our back yard) for
CAMP JOSH. This boy loves to camp, and seems to sleep better in a sleeping bag and tent than in a bed in his room! Not to mention he LOVES S'mores!
 

We set up a great little campground complete with campfire and fish pond!

I was so happy with how our "camp uniforms" turned out. They were "Happy Camper" shirts with the kids last names and bandanas.
We started off the festivities with the best part of camping...
a PANCAKE BREAKFAST! Look at those happy faces! Danny and Jared were our "Camp Counselors" and had a good time being great helpers.


After washing off lots of sticky fingers it was time for games. Danny ran the bean bag toss. The balloon tent was a hit too.
 

One of our favorite games over here is one that I used to play when I was little. Colored Eggs. I haven't met a lot of people who have played it before, but it is always a hit. Jared was a fabulous "Big Bad Wolf" chasing our little Red Egg (Josh) around the camp fire. Run, Josh, run, or else you will end up in the frying pan!
 

When one of Joshy's little friends made it back to the safety of the tent he accidentally plowed right over Josh. I love this shot of him helping Josh feel better.
 

Next it was time for the fish pond. (Danny is giving it a shot in the background here).
 

Each kid caught a fish with their name on it and a little prize that I picked up in a dollar section. I actually got to buy a little headband and tiara for the two little girls that came! Fun!

Presents! What a fun activity to do around a camp fire. I'm REALLY glad we did not have a real fire. This beauty was set up by Jared and made out of tissue paper and rocks. Easy peasy.
 

Time to sing! I just love the "Happy Birthday" song.  You can't be sad when you hear it. :)
 

Look, I opened up my cupcake wrapper drawer and found these amazing bandana cup cake wrappers! I was so excited! p.s Yes, I did design and cut out the fish on my Silhouette Cameo.


 Without a real camp fire we couldn't roast marshmallows, but we sent the kids home with these S'more kits. "S'more for Later!" I know, I had too much fun.
 
 '
Josh is one fabulous, little dude! He makes me smile EVERY day! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHY!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wish we lived close enough to come: Katie would have loved everything about this party...and I would have loved tagging along for all the fun! I can't believe Squashy Joshy is four. Weren't you just pregnant with him like last year??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the bright sunny colors of summertime. I love your picture descriptions. Funny.

    ReplyDelete