Monday, September 26, 2011

Danny's Baptism Weekend

On Saturday, September 24th, 2011 Danny was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a beautiful ceremony and an all around wonderful day. Ryan was able to baptize and confirm him and we were fortunate to have many family members there with us.

As Ryan said, Danny was "Willing, Ready, and Happy". He sure was!

My parents were able to come from Minnesota, and my Dad (Dah-Dee-Doh) gave a great talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ryan's parents were also able to come from Washington. Ryan's Mom, (Nana) gave a great talk on baptism as well.

Jared and Joshy enjoyed Danny's baptism too. Jared sat on the ground in front of the font staring at the water as my sister Wendy played the prelude music. I'm sure he was thinking and longing for his turn, in less than 18months, to be baptized. When I asked Joshy about the baptism later in the afternoon he referred to "the big bathtub" I suppose that baptism by immersion would remind a 2 year old of taking a bath.

It was so nice to have so many family members present! Chris and Wendy came up from Salt Lake and were a great addition to the day.

Afterwards we enjoyed a luncheon at our home with neighbors and friends. A few days after I told Danny we would be having a luncheon, he asked me about the
"Lunch-Out"...

What would be a celebration in our family with out CUPCAKES! These ones are a lemon cake (though a little dry, I'll have to work on that), with a fresh raspberry filling, topped with a lemon frosting, lemon zest and a raspberry from our yard. Delicious!


As sweet as these cupcakes were, they couldn't compare to how I felt. As a parent I have spent 8 years, hoping, praying and preparing my Danny for this day. He was willing, ready and happy, and that made all the difference. This is just the beginning of all that is in store for my Danny boy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It WAS a wonderful day. I can't believe how sweet Danny is. Such a good young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Danny! That's so exciting! The family picture looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special day and I can only imagine how impeccable it turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome day for Danny! Those cupcakes look beyond delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete