Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Caramel Apple Cucakes

We are settling in and falling into a routine over here. It helps that school doesn't start until 9:00 am, so mornings are not to hectic for us. Still, we were all more than happy to sleep in last Saturday! It has been weeks since we have had a quiet Saturday. We stayed home and got things done around the house and yard. Then in the evening we headed over to the church pavilion for a ward potluck. By the title of this post I'm sure you can guess what we brought...

CARAMEL APPLE CUPCAKES
Since coming up with the idea in the grocery store early last week I couldn't wait to see if I could make them work.

I used a yellow cake mix. After filling the baking cups with batter I stirred in caramel topping and then baked as directed on the box.
I then whipped up my Peanut Butter Frosting. (For the recipe see the post in July titled "Celebrations")
I then placed little apple slivers on top. Before adding them I brushed lemon juice to both sides of the slices. I like to use Gala Apples. They taste good and don't brown too much.
For finishing touches I drizzled more caramel on top and sprinkled cinnamon over the whole cupcake.

Yum, yum, yum! The peanut butter frosting is VERY rich. I think next time I may try making a caramel frosting, just to see if I like it better. Apples and peanut butter are just such a GREAT combination though! All in all a success I'd say, and a great way to begin ushering in autumn!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Those sound tasty!!! They'd also go great with a Halloween Party - very fall feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need a "like" button for blogs, because I would hit it for this. Nothing to say, just "like". Looks delicious and amazing of course too. :)

    ReplyDelete