Thursday, August 11, 2011

Misreble Fun - The Salt Lake

Last Saturday we loaded up and headed out for an adventure unique only to Utah. We spent our afternoon on Antelope Island in the Salt Lake. Perhaps it was the fact that our van is in the shop and we all piled into our little four-door car with no air conditioning, or perhaps it was the simple fact that salt is salty and tastes bad... either way it was a bunch of miserable fun!

The Salt Lake does not get very deep very fast, so there was a lot of walking involved to get deep enough into the lake to FLOAT!

I was able to hold Joshy and the two of us floated together. Josh was not very happy about any of that so here is a happy shot of him playing in the sand. (His preferred activity when he wasn't chasing around the massive swarms of buzzing flies...)


Who am I kidding... all the boys preferred playing in the sand. I guess getting mouthfuls of salty water isn't a whole lot of fun...

Look! No hands! (or feet!) Chris and Wendy our experienced Salt-Water-Floating-friends showed us how it is done.

As smelly and sandy and salty as it was we still had a good time!









4 comments:

  1. Looks awful fun! (Emphasis on the awful? :) Wish we could come play too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you... you are practically a local! So glad you were able to add some fun to the miserable-ness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been there in years!!! I'll have to take my kids there when we visit Utah sometime, just for the experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say I didn't know people actually went to the Salt Lake to swim and or play. I just thought it was a big stinky mess. HaHa

    ReplyDelete