Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Cupcake Goodness!

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Here are our Father's Day Cupcakes from last month.
You may have had this cake in "cake form", but I highly recommend trying it as a cupcake!
Start with your DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE Mix. I use the Pillsbury brand. It makes a full 24 and they are plump and round! After they cool poke holes in the cupcakes and pour SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK over the cupcakes. Next I frost with Pillsbury FUDGE FROSTING. I have recipes to make my own... but this is SO GOOD and SO EASY! Next pipe COOL WHIP on top followed by crushed HEATH BAR. Oh yeah!

This recipe is so simple, but so effective! I'm sure Ryan got the message
"HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!"



Today I headed up to Logan Canyon to spend the day with family at a cabin. It was so nice of my cousin to invite us to share in their family reunion. I figured the least I could do was bring CUPCAKES! They are perfect for any OCCASION!


Start with a Pillsbury WHITE CAKE mix and bake as directed. This time I divided the batch in half so I could make two different flavors - STRAWBERRY and PEACH.
Prepare a box of strawberry and a box of peach JELL-O as directed. Before allowing Jell-O to cool and set, carefully poor over cupcakes that have been "forked" allowing the jell-o goodness to seep in. Do this for the peach cupcakes and again for the strawberry ones. After they have cooled pipe on COOL WHIP (buy two tubs or one large one to be safe). Top off with a slice of strawberry or nectarine. Yes, I know they are peach flavored, but NECTARINES are so much better!

Such an easy recipe, but so ELEGANT! These would be perfect for a baby or bridal SHOWER. They are kid friendly as well. I think my cousin's son ate 4 maybe 5! Now that's a compliment to the chef!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha...eating the food is always a compliment. Those fruit ones would feel like a "light" dessert too...yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazing Karin! They all look delicious. I'm getting hungry just looking at them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really....I am now craving some cupcakes! Seriously...you need to share ;P

    On a more serious note, thanks for the cupcake ideas...I may have to try some for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete