Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebration!

It's a BIG day at the Hochstrasser's! Today Ryan turns 33! Since he is so awesome I decided we had to celebrate in style! How better to celebrate than with CUPCAKES!?! Just like there are multiple things about Ryan I like, there are multiple flavors up cupcakes to like, so Ryan got TWO different flavors. If I had the skill and know-how he would have got 33 different flavors...

Here's to you Ryan! Raise a cupcake and take a bite, you deserve it. It's been a big year so far. You've taken a new job and moved your family across the country. I can't count the bedtime stories you've read or the delicious pizzas you have made. Through it all your dental hygiene has been outstanding, and your dedication to your family superior. I have no complaints! Let the good times roll and may this next year bring more good and more cupcakes! Hugs and Love to You! Love, ~Karin~


Raspberry Chocolate Delight


This little concoction starts with a Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix. Bake as directed on box. While the cupcakes are cooling I poked them with a fork and poured warm raspberry seedless jam that was mixed into warm water in a sauce pan, over the cup cakes.

Next the cupcakes are filled with a Raspberry Frosting, and then frosted on top:
8oz cream cheese
4 Tbls Seedless Raspberry Jam
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-2 c. Powdered Sugar (to desired consistency)
1 tub Cool Whip
Yum Yum!!


To top them off I piped Pillsbury Fudge Frosting on the tops, added sprinkles and a quarter of a Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry square.
Joshy gobbled this up and begged for more.

Peanut Butter Pleasers

I know my man, and I know he loves Peanut Butter, and I know he loves Chocolate. This was teh ultimate combination of both!

Once again, I started with a Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix. I spooned a small scoop of the batter into the liners followed by a scoop of Peanut Butter Filling and then topped off again by more cake batter. After swirling them all together it was time for the oven.

Peanut Butter Filling courtesy of Martha:
1/2 stick butter melted
1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla



After they were baked they were topped with Pillsbury Fudge Frosting followed by my own recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting. The finishing touch: Crushed Peanut Butter Cups.


Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 lb. powdered sugar (half bag)
1/3 c. shortening
1/3 c. peanut butter
2-3 Tbls melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. milk


I told Ryan I earned some bragging rights for this one. They were sooooo good! Did I mention I served the P.B ones with vanilla ice cream with Reeses P.B Chocolate Magic Shell? Oh yeah!

It's nice to have someone so deserving to bake for! Thanks for being so great Ryan! Happy Birthday!


8 comments:

  1. Woah! Those look so yummy! Especially the peanut butter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Peanut Butter is definitely a favorite of Jordan's too! And those turned out divine looking! I wish I could teleport myself to your house and eat some, hehe. PS I'm filing this one away for a future date...maybe 3rd year anniversary dessert? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karin... you are amazing! As is Ryan, so happy birthday to him!! Anna is having a birthday party next week and we are calling it SP cupcakes (instead of DC cupcakes) so I will be stealing some of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Those cupcakes look divine! If you have extras I will take one ;) Happy Birthday Ryan!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Wish we could do the peanut butter ones here: they look delicious!!!! (Boo for peanut allergies!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! Why wasn't I invited? I want to eat those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention one secret ingredient! I stirred "Steven's Raspberry Hot Cocoa Mix" into the batter of the raspberry ones. (two packets). This flavored the actual cupcake! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.My.Heavens.

    I want one of each, please. :)

    ReplyDelete