Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lava Hot Springs


In May we took a day trip up to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. The water was warm. The kids happy. The sun bright. It was a great trip, sunburn and all.


Haven't heard of Lava Hot Springs? I hadn't either until my sister told me. She and her hubby were our tour guides on this great day trip. Here's the 411 from their website"Bubbling out of natural underground springs, the hot water is laden with minerals, but has no sulfur and therefore no bad odor. Over 2.5 million gallons a day course through the hot springs and are diverted into the Portneuf River keeping the springs ever changing and clean. The spring's temperatures range from approximately 102˚ to 112˚ degrees. On cold winter days, the steam rising from the pools wrap people in a cocoon of anonymity. The heated sidewalks and dressing room floors keep your toes toasty warm, even on the coldest of nights."
I would love to go back at Christmas time, it sounds wonderful. I'm just not sure how well the kiddos would do. I'll let you know if we dare try it out with them.
Needless to say we had a great time. We spent the day enjoying the hot pools. The pools varied in temperature so it was fun for all of us. Even Joshy loved the pools. (Not the super hot one, I couldn't even stand in that one. Ryan however made several trips back for more. I especially loved the zero-depth entrance on the coolest pool. Joshy and I would have been content to just sit with our feet in the water the entire time.

Our first day in the sun... a success! Let summer begin!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment