Thursday, October 11, 2012

Friday in The BIG APPLE


Day 2 in New York started out... in New Jersey, but after 30 minutes on the bus we were back in the heart of Times Square. First item of business: visiting Toys R Us in Times Square.
 

We didn't have any kids with us, but we sure had a lot of fun any way!
 

BIG Candy! Yum! They even had those big, chewy Sweet Tarts, the kind I had as a kid. I had to get one. (We also got these little puppies for the kids at home. They have I *heart* NY shirts on).
 

No, we didn't ride the Ferris Wheel. Maybe next time. ;)
 

Took this picture for Josh, who loves his Hershey's syrup.
 

No we did not go to Disney Land, that was for our Honeymoon. Did you know Times Square is home of Minnie, Mickey, Elmo, Spiderman, and The Naked Cowboy?!  (Didn't get my picture taken with that one. . . )
 

We made our way to the West side of Manhattan for our 75 minute Circle Line Cruise to see the Statue of Liberty.
Lovin' this picture of my hot date waiting for the tour to start.
 

I had to have one of these hats for the tour. They were actually a BIG hit with lots of people on the boat.

Ryan eating an apple looking out over the Big Apple. Clever, clever. . .
 

Our Lady of Liberty!
 

It seemed that most people we encountered did not speak English, including this girl who some how communicated with me that she wanted her picture taken with me. Ryan even let her wear his hat. Told you they were a big hit!
 

Heading back to the dock. Can you see Freedom Tower in the background on the right? (It's the tallest building).
 

Today we also made it to the MOMA, Museum of Modern Art. We had walked into this room and I was looking around in awe, when Ryan told me to turn around. This is what I saw. Then the tears came.
 

Monet! Love this one too, plus it matches my shirt.
 

Ryan posing in front of a Mondrian. I fell in love with Ryan all over again on this trip. I love being with someone who can walk into a gallery and recognize a Mondrian on sight. 


We saw Jackson Pollack too. I don't care if my kids say they could do that, I still think it's pretty cool.
 

Hee hee, I LOVE this!
 

Does this look familiar?
 

Dinner in the Empire State Building with this fine specimen. ;)
 

By the time we made it to the Empire State Building that night I was beyond tired. Tired, was hours ago. Fortunately we didn't have to take the stairs to get to the observation deck!

Our view of Times Square from the top of the Empire State Building. Wow.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment