Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grandma Donna

My Dad's Mom, Grandma Donna, was born on October 22, 1924. She passed away on her 87th Birthday, October 22, 2011. We knew her mission in this life was nearly complete, when I was able to drive down to Clinton, Ut and see her for one last time. I sat by her bed and held her hand. When it was time for me to go I kissed my Grandma Donna good bye.

She was a lovely woman. I can say that, because at her 80th birthday I was voted to be the grandchild (out 55) who looked the most like her. (as a child at least). I will always associate the color teal with her, and will never forget her lovely teal bathtub and bathroom.

Fortunately all of my family was able to come for the viewing and funeral. We played host, and it was nice to have them close. Two days before the funeral I found out I had an ectopic pregnancy and they operated that evening. It was a blessing to have them here. It was a hard thing to go through, but I saw tender mercies all along way. I'm grateful I was able to attend the funeral the day after I came home.

Family is what gets you through the ups and downs of this life. Love these girls SO much!

Each of the grandchildren was invited to take a flower from one of the arrangements at the burial site. Good choice Jared!

Me and my hubby... to Eternity and Beyond



I love this one. Dad is looking down on his mother's grave stone... and smiling. He knows Family relationships continue beyond the grave,

and THAT is something to smile about.

All of the cousins who were able to come.

I guess we all grew up... we don't all fit in the tub together like we used to.

The rest of these pictures are a trip down memory lane, courtesy of my sister Melissa. Thanks for the memories.







Grandma was elected the Tomato Queen after all!


Loved playing on these swings when I was little. Looks like I have lots of fond memories to hang on to.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Karin, I am so sorry for all you have been through this month. You are such a beautiful woman with such a strong testimony - you are half a continent away and your example is still touching me. Thank you so much for the card - it was great to see a picture of your beautiful family and see your year in review. Wish we could have made the cards together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing lady! My grandma had that same tub and much of the same decor in mauve. I always associate the color mauve with her, and love the memories we have to hang onto. I love your wording... To eternity and beyond!

    ReplyDelete